Due to the recent outbreak, a lot of consumers are raising the question of if it is safe to sell their house right now. The answer is individual to everyone’s unique situation, but all of us at Homesale Realty want you to know that we are here to help you achieve your real estate dreams, no matter what. To help protect you and your family while keeping you on track to sell your home, here are some tips on how to stay safe and healthy while listing your home.
1. Instead of holding open houses, opt for scheduled showings only.
2. Take the time to thoroughly clean and disinfect high-traffic areas of your home with EPA-registered household disinfectants, especially before and after any showings. Pay special attention to:
- Kitchen faucets/sinks
- Light switches
3. Ask buyers to remove their shoes during showings or put on sanitary booties while in the house.
4. Take advantage of virtual tours to show your home instead of holding in-person showings.
5. Have your agent ask buyers about recent travel history prior to any showings to prevent the spread of viral infections from high-frequency areas.
6. Have buyers use hand sanitizer or wash their hands immediately upon entry. Make sure hand sanitizer, tissues and other health essentials are stocked in the home.
7. Make sure air vents are free, clear and cleaned properly. If needed, have maintenance done on your HVAC systems to ensure everything is in proper working order.
8. When weather permits, keep windows open to allow for fresh air to circulate through the home.
9. Hold web meetings for negotiations, discussions or closings whenever possible.
10. When in doubt, follow all general health guidelines as laid out by the CDC to protect you and your family.