What steps should you take to prepare your home to sell?
1. Enhance Your Curb Appeal
Keep in mind that the exterior of your home is the first thing that a buyer will see. If they have a bad first impression, they won’t even step foot inside your home.
- Mow and water your lawn
- Trim the bushes and flower beds
- Remove any weeds and plan some flowers
- In the winter, keep the sidewalk clear of snow and ice
- Paint window panes, shutters, and the front door if needed
2. Organize and Clear the Clutter
Go through your home and get rid of what you don’t need. We all of a habit of holding onto items that we forgot we even owned. This is the perfect excuse for you to throw them out or organize what your treasured belongings.
- Clear off your kitchen counters
- Organize your magazines and books
- Clear off your bathroom sinks and organize daily used products neatly in drawers
- Keep all the toys hidden in baskets
- Clean out and organize your kitchen cupboards and refrigerator (just in case a buyer decides to check them out)
3. Do a Thorough Cleaning
Everyone loves walking into a home that looks and smells sparkling clean.
- Vaccuum your carpets
- Dust the furniture
- Mop your kitchen, bathrooms, and hardwood floors
- Clean bathroom sinks, showers, and tubs
- Polish any mirrors or picture frames
4. Make Minor Repairs
You don’t need to make major upgrades that won’t be a return on investment. Instead do minor repairs that don’t cost as much but still improve your home.
- Patch any holes in the walls
- Add a fresh coat of paint (use neutral colors)
- Fix any loose door knobs/handles
- Replace any burned out light bulbs
With a few minor changes, you are able to enhance your home so that it is more appealing for buyers. Remember, put yourself in the buyer’s eyes and make neutral changes.