Do you remember how much you loved your home when you first bought it? No? Well in that case, make sure you take time this February to rekindle the flame by following these five steps. You’ll be back to loving your home in no time.
1. Make Your Bed: Although sometimes considered a monotonous and irrelevant task, the act of making your bed every morning can convey feelings of accomplishment for successfully completing the first task of the day and can encourage you to keep the rest of your room tidied up. Besides, there’s just something about a neatly-made bed that’s inviting and comforting.
2. Fix Minor Inconveniences: It’s normally all of the little things about a home that make you fall out of love with it. Take time this February to fix the leaky faucet, tighten the screw on that door handle and insulate the drafty window. These small updates can help you focus on the bigger reasons why you love your home.
3. Rearrange: You don’t have to renovate or buy new furniture if you are tired of the same look. Simply rearranging your furniture can elicit a sense that your home is new a fresh. Plus, this can be done on a large or small scale. You can rearrange the furniture in the living room, the spices in the cabinet or both!
4. Deep Clean: We could all use a spa day every now and then so why not do the same for your home? Help minimize its pores by shampooing carpets and reduce wrinkles by washing walls, windows and behind large appliances. Once you’re finished, your home will be looking and feeling 10 years younger.
5. Invite People Over: Believe it or not, inviting people over can help you see your home in a different perspective. Friends and neighbors will comment on things they love about your home that you may have overlooked, giving you a whole new level of appreciation for all that your home provides.
One Comment Add yours