Moving can be a very overwhelming process, especially when relocating to a new area. This month we’ve compiled a list of practical ways to help ease the transition. Whether you’re looking for packing tips or a real estate agent to guide you through the big move, we’ve got you covered!
- Find a great, local REALTOR® who knows the area and can provide helpful information and resources. When you are moving into a new area, don’t forget your trusted Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Homesale Realty agent can connect you to a REALTOR® anywhere, nationwide.
- Use one of the many relocation tools available on Homesale.com such as mortgage calculators, school reports, and region specific moving guides.
- Familiarize yourself with the area you’re looking to move to. Network with friends and research local businesses and organizations to get an idea of the neighborhood.
- Consider using a relocation service that offers convenient one-stop shopping for all services relating to buying a home.
- Wrap fragile items like dishes and glassware in clothing or towels and skip the bubble wrap. This is highly efficient since you’re packing up your kitchenware and clothing at the same time.
- When labeling your boxes, write down which room, in the new house, the boxes will be going into. This way whoever is helping move can pick up any box and know exactly where it goes within the house.
- Use sandwich bags to hold all the tiny parts of things you need to take apart such as curtain rods or pieces of furniture. Then, label each bag with the item that the parts belong to; this will save you time when putting each piece back together.
- If hiring movers, be sure to read the fine print so that you know what services they provide and if there are any limitations.
One Comment Add yours