November 15th is America Recycles Day. This is an excellent opportunity to celebrate the monetary, energy and resource savings provided by recycling. This is also a great way to improve education about what is recycled and motivate people to recycle more. The national recycling rate has increased every year for the past 30 years. Recycling puts resources back into our economy.
It is time to join the initiative and take the pledge to keep America beautiful. Visit the official America Recycles website to get more information on taking your own pledge to recycle, organize or attend a community event, and to discover more about the organization.
When it comes to recycling, every community is different. Check with your local solid waste & recycling programs to confirm that they accept these recycling practices.
- Plastic bottle caps are usually recyclable along with the bottle
- Although you can’t recycle your whole pizza box, you can tear off and recycle the top half – as long as it is grease free!
- Reduce and reuse first to shrink your environmental footprint.
- Recycling is not just in the kitchen. Don’t trash your shampoo bottles and toilet paper rolls just because they are in the bathroom.
- Metals are among the most valuable materials in the waste stream and almost all recyclers welcome aluminum and steel cans
- Reduce unwanted mail by unsubscribing at CatalogChoice.org.
- 100 million wireless phones go out of use each year, according to the U.S. EPA. Donate your out-of-use cell phone to a local charity or find a drop-off facility near you.
- Purchase products that contain recycled materials to keep them in demand.
- Practice the 4 R’s – reduce, reuse, recycle, recover.
As our population grows so does our level of consumption, which is why it is so important to for us as consumers to exhaust all our efforts to reduce, reuse, recycle and recover items before throwing them away. Let’s continue to keep America beautiful! Do all you can to find a “new home” for your unwanted items.
AskHomesale.com provides real estate advice and information for home buyers, home sellers, and homeowners alike. Askhomesale.com is part of the Homesale Realty Family. The Homesale Family of Companies is the leading real estate company serving the Baltimore, Maryland, South Central and Southeastern PA real estate markets. Homesale Realty has more than 27 offices with over 1,200 REALTORS®. Homesale Realty’s footprint includes Maryland real estate offices in Baltimore Metro, Federal Hill, Harbor East, Phoenix, Timonium, and Westminster. Pennsylvania real estate offices include Lancaster,Ephrata,Elizabethtown, Mt Joy, Quarryville, Camp Hill,Carlisle,Chambersburg,Harrisburg,Hershey, Lebanon, Schuylkill Haven,Wyomissing, York,Dallastown,Gettysburg,Hanover, and Shrewsbury.