*500,000 children under the age of 4 are injured in the home every year.
Follow these steps to keep your children safe and create a kid-friendly environment:
- Attach child locks to your cabinet doors so your children are unable to access cleaning products or other hazardous materials.
- Install baby gates to prevent toddlers from any areas that could cause harm. (read the instructions to make sure they are installed properly)
- Insert plastic protectors into all electrical sockets that are in reach.
- Use anchor straps to secure TV’s and bookcases to the wall, this will prevent them from falling over.
- Do not store cosmetics in reach; place them in a high, latched drawer.
- Lock medicine and any dangerous medical supplies in a cabinet.
- Keep windows locked and screens tightly in place. Make sure any cords from blinds or curtains and wrapped and out of reach.
- Use corner and edge bumpers on tables, fireplaces, and counters to soften falls or bumps.
*Statistic from http://www.childalert.co.uk/safety.php?tab=Safety
Prudential Homesale provides real estate services for buyers and sellers in Baltimore, Maryland metropolitan area and South Central and Southeastern PA.
One Comment Add yours